Prep time 15 min | cook time 30 min | total time 35 min | serves 4
- 650 g cauliflower, roses
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled in parts
- 6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 L vegetable stock, 2 cubes
- 1 big red onion, roughly chopped
- 250 ml Abbot Kinney’s Coco StartTo garnish:
- 8 small branches thyme
- handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- handful hazelnuts, roasted
- nutmeg, freshly grounded (to taste)
- extra virgin olive oil
- lemon, juice
- sea salt
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C degrees and prep a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide the cauliflower, potatoes and garlic (with peel) on the baking sheet and sprinkle some olive oil on top. Slide into the oven for 30 minutes.
- Bring 1 L of water to a boil for the vegetable stock.
- Also, put a small frying pan over medium heat, add some olive oil and then add the onion. Let it fry for about 10 minutes while stirring frequently.
- Pour the vegetable stock, Coco Start and fried onion into a blender.
- Prep all ingredients to garnish.
- As soon as the roasted ingredients come out of the oven, move them into the blender as well. But before you do, do not forget to remove the peel from the garlic. Optional: keep some small roasted cauliflower roses aside to garnish.
- Blend and move the soup back into a pan to get the right temperature and divide into bowls.
- Dress and flavour with thyme, parsley, hazelnuts, nutmeg, a drizzle of olive oil, a sqeeuze of lemon juice and a pinch of salt.