Prep time 10 min | cook time 30 min | total time 40 min | serves 6
- 2 eggplants
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 30 cherry tomatoes
- 30 pasta shells
- Black pepper, freshly grounded
For the pesto:
- 30 g pine nuts, roasted
- 40 g nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove
- 30 g basil
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Abbot Kinney’s Almond Start
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees ˚C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the eggplants in half, flat side on the baking sheet, rub some olive oil on the outer skin and move to the oven for 30 minutes. After 10 minutes add the tomatoes to the oven sheet, also drizzled with some olive oil.
- Cook the pasta shells, following instructions on package and add a drizzle of olive oil to the boiling
- Add all the ingredients for the pesto to the food processor and blend into a fresh and creamy pesto.
- Fill every pasta shell with a piece of roasted eggplant, 1 cherry tomatoes, a pinch of black pepper, salt and a teaspoon of Almond Start pesto.