Serves 4-6 | prep time 15 min | cook time 30 min
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallot, chopped
- 1 big sweet potato, roughly chopped
- 1 parsnip, roughly chopped
- 3 corncobs
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 L vegetable stock, 2 cubes
- Coco Start, to taste
- Extra virgin olive oilparsley, leaves
- Garden cress, to taste
- Eatable flowers
- Black pepper, freshly grounded
- Bring 1 L of water to a boil for the vegetable stock.
- Put a big pot on the stove on medium heat and add the olive oil, shallots, sweet potatoes and parsnip. Sauté while stirring occasionally, for around 10 minutes.
- Take a big knife and seperate the kernels from the cob of corn.
- Add the garlic and the turmeric to the pot. Then after 3 minutes of stirring add the vegetable stock, kernels and bring to a boil.
- Let it boil for another 15 minutes on low heat with the lid on.
- Pour into a food processor (or use a hand blender) and blend until silky and smooth. As desired, add a little extra water to the soup until the right thickness is achieved.
- Prep and put all of the ingredients for the topping on the table and serve the soup in a deep plate or a bowl with, of course, a big spoon of Coco Start!