Prep time 5 min | cook time 20 min | serves 2 (rubarb compote for 6-8 servings)
- 300 g rhubarb
- 1 orange, zest + juice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 5 cherries, frozen
- 3 tbsp Abbot Kinney’s Coco Start
- 300 ml almond milk
- 4 branches of red berries
- 1 passion fruit
- Rinse the rhubarb, cut off the ends and roughly chop into pieces.
- Wash the orange, grate the zest and squeeze the juice into a pan.
- Put it on the stove together with the rhubarb, cinnamon and agave syrup and bring to a boil.
- Let it simmer on low heat for 15 minutes while stirring now and then.
- Add the cherries and let it simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Blend the Coco Start with the almond milk.
- Move the content of the pan to a food processor or use a hand blender to grind until a smooth compote arises.
- Take 2 glasses and start with pouring in the rhubarb compote, follow with the smoothie part and
garnish with passion fruit, berries, cherries or whatever fruit you like!