Serves 2 | prep time 15 min | oven time 15 min
- 1 ripe banana
- 150 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- Pinch of salt
- 4-6 slices of bread
- 4 plums, halves or parts
- 2 scoops of Abbot Kinney’s Coco Frost
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C degrees (grill switch) and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Also put a grill pan on the stove on medium heat, to preheat.
- Mash or blend the banana into liquid form and pour into a large bowl. Whisk together with the almond milk, cinnamon, coconut oil and a pinch of salt.
- Place the bread in a deep dish and pour the mixture over the bread, then flip each slice of the bread over to make sure both sides are evenly coated and soaked.
- Put the soaked slices on the prepped baking sheet and slide into the oven for 6 minutes, then flip them over and bake for another 8 minutes, or until golden brown and crunchy.
- In the meantime, grill the plums for around 4 minutes each side.
- We’ve served the French toast with Abbot Kinney’s Coco Frost and plums but we’re sure it goes well with any of our yoghurts and your choice of fruits!