Serves 2 | prep time 25 min | oven time 35 | total time 40 min
- 2 handful of kale (cavelo nero)
- 1,5 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1 fennel
- 120 g chickpeas (canned or cooked from scratch, your choice)
- Cayenne pepper
- Handful of parsley
- 2 tbsp Abbot Kinney’s Almond start
- 2 tbsp tahin
- 2 lemons, juice
- 100 g aragula
- Naan bread
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix juice of half a lemon, olive oil and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Add in the kale, stir until evenly coated and let it sit for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Cut the fennel in half and then divide each half into 3 pieces lengthwise.
- Put all the pieces on the baking sheet and rub some olive oil on top. Slide into the oven for 25 minutes, until the upper edges are slightly roasted.
- Meanwhile, stir the chickpeas well together in a bowl with 1tbsp olive oil, a pinch of cayenne pepper and some sea salt to taste.
- Put a frying pan on low to medium heat and fry the chickpeas until they get crunchy and golden brown. Just before you put the pan off the stove add the parsley and fry for another 2 minutes.
- As soon as the fennel comes out of the oven, put in the naan bread (use a timer to be sure it comes out in time).
- For the dressing mix: the tahin, Almond Start, 1,5 tbsp lemon juice and 2 tbsp water.
- Bring all the elements together on a plate.