Prep time 10 min | cook time 45 min | 1 weckpot
- 40 g extra virgin coconut oil
- 3 tbsp dark coconut syrup
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 cm fresh ginger, roughly grated
- 250 g oatmeal
- 100 g raw almonds and pecan nuts
- 2 oranges, zest
- 25 g flaxseeds
- 25 g sunflower seeds
- 30 g coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp speculaas spices
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 150 ml Coco Start Blueberry & Banana
- Preheat the oven to 160 °C degrees and prep a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan and add dark coconut syrup and olive oil.
- Stir and switch off the stove as soon as the coconut oil has melted and move the content into a food processor.
- Add the banana and ginger and pulse until everything is smooth.
- Put together in a bowl and stir: oatmeal, raw nuts, orange zest, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, coconut flakes, speculaas spices and a pinch of sea salt.
- Add the mixture from the food processor to all dry ingredients and stir again until everything is very well mixed together.
- Spread evenly over the prepared baking sheet and slide into the oven for 45 minutes. You need to open the oven and stir every 15 minutes for even browning: nobody likes burned granola, right?!
- Let the granola cool down completely before storing it in a weckpot.
- Now pour the Abbot Kinney’s Coco Start Blueberry & Banana into a bowl and add some granola to taste!