Dessert or cake | serves 2 | prep time 10 minutes| cook time 60 minutes
For the merengue:
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 lemon
- ½ tbsp cornstarch
- 100 g white caster sugar
- 250 ml Abbot Kinney’s Coco Start raspberry
- 250 g raspberries
- 2 passion fruits
- 2 figs
- Mint leaves
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 150 °C degrees and prep a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Degrease a big bowl by cutting a lemon in half and rub the pulp side on the inside of the bowl, then dry with a paper towel.
- Separate the egg white from the yolk and add only the egg whites to the big bowl.
- Beat the egg whites with a mixer (whisks also well degreased), on full speed, until stiff.
- Sift the cornstarch over the bowl, add 2 tbsp lemon juice and mix again.
- Then add the caster sugar, spoon by spoon, while mixing until shiny peaks arise.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal parts on the parchment paper and slide into the oven for 60 minutes.
- Switch off the oven after cooking time and leave the merengue in for a calm cool down.
- Stack the merengues and with every layer, scoop a big spoon (or two) of Abbot Kinney’s Coco Start Raspberry and some fresh raspberries in between. Be as arty as you can on top!