8-10 flatbreads | prep time 10 min | cook time 15 min | total time 2 hours 25 min
- 200 g chickpea flour
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- 500 ml fresh water
- Fresh rosemary leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
For the tapenade
- 125 g black olives
- 125 g green olives
- 1 big lemon, zest
- 2 tbsp Abbot Kinney’s Almond Start
- Handful parsley
- Black pepper, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, sea salt and pour in the water gradually as you whisk the flour to keep any lumps from forming. Once all the water has been added, mix until
- Let the mixture stand on the counter for 2-3 hours. When ready to bake, heat a non-sticky frying pan on low to medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Pour in some batter, about the same amount as a pancake, and evenly sprinkle some rosemary leaves on top.
- Bake for around 2 minutes. Turn and bake for 2 minutes again or until the flatbread gets golden brown on both sides. Repeat until the mixing bowl is empty.
- Meanwhile, put the olives in a food processor, pulse shortly and move into a bowl.
- Add the lemon zest, Almond Start, parsley and season to taste with some black pepper.
- Get that party started!