Prep time 15 min | fridge time 8 hours (or longer) | total time 8 h 15 min | serves 6
- 2 cups of coffee
- 200 ml mascarpone
- 150 ml Abbot Kinney’s Coco Start
- 5 eggs, 1 whole egg, 4 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tbsp hazelnut syrup
- 2-3 tbsp Grand Marnier, or any liqeuer you like
- 26 Savoiardi aka lady finger bisquits (aka Langevingers in Dutch)
- 3 tbsp raw cacao
Baking dish 25 X 15 X 6 cm
- Make two really strong cups of coffee and pour into a deep dish to cool down a little.
- Whisk (by hand) the mascarpone together with the Coco Start in a bowl until smooth.
- Take a big bowl and put in 1 whole egg and 4 egg yolks. Add 4 tbsp agave syrup and mix on high speed
for around 4 minutes, until the mixture gets light, airy and quite stiff.
- Add the liquer and the bowl with Coco Start and mascarpone mixture and whisk again until there aren’t
- Take the baking dish and dip the Savoiardi cookies with the non-sugared side into the coffee and move
to the dish, turning the dipped side looking up. Cover the entire bottom of the dish with the dipped
- Add (a layer of) the mixture and follow again by a layer of dipped cookies, this time facing the dipped
side onto the mixture and the sugared side looking up.
- Put the dish in the fridge for at least 8 hours and sieve the cacao on top just before served.