Prep time 20 min | cook time 30 min | total time 50 min | 10 cookies
- 3 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 6 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp Abbot Kinney’s Coco Start
- zest of 2 oranges, juice of ½ an orange
- 20 g extra virgin coconut oil
- ½ ripe banana
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 100 g oatmeal
- 100 g almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 bar Hands Off My Chocolate Double Dark
- 150 ml Abbot Kinney’s Coco Start
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees ˚C and line a baking rack with parchment paper.
- Mix in a small bowl: flax seeds, chia seeds, water and Abbot Kinney’s Coco Start and set aside. Stir again after a few minutes. If it gets really thick, add a tablespoon (or two) of water.
- Wash the oranges, put the grated peel in a big bowl and squeeze the juice of ½ an orange into the food processor.
- Melt the coconut oil and move into the food processor. Add the banana and the agave syrup as well and blend into a smooth mixture.
- Take the big bowl with orange peel and add the oatmeal, almond flour, cinnamon, a pinch of salt and stir.
- Add the content from the food processor to the seeds mixture and stir well together.
- Next, pour this mixture into the big bowl with dry ingredients and knead the cookie dough until everything is evenly mixed.
- Divide the dough in 10 even parts, roll into a ball, squeeze and form into a cookie. Put it on the parchment paper and move into the oven for 30 minutes. Turn all the cookies around after 15
- Let the cookies cool down completely.
- Break chocolate and place 2/3 of the bar into a heatproof bowl.
- Sit over a pan of barely simmering water (a bain marie) and allow the chocolate to melt, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the bowl from the water and add the rest of the chocolate bar to melt while constantly stirring.
- Dip the cookies through the melted chocolate and place them back on the parchment paper.
- These cookies are ideal to bring for lunch or as a snack, together with a package of Abbot Kinney’s Coco Start for dipping!