Serves 3-4 | prep time 15 min | cook time 25 min
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 2 shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 125 g chickpea flour
- ½ tbsp cumin powder
- 10 branches fresh thyme, leaves
- 125 g peas
- sea salt
- black pepper
- olive oil
- pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- handful fresh mint, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp Abbot Kinney’s Coco Start
- Grind the flax seeds, add to a large bowl and mix with 3 tablespoons of water.
- Also add to the bowl: shredded zucchini, shallot, garlic, chickpea flour, cumin, thyme, peas and some salt & pepper to taste.
- Stir together until well combined. Allow to sit for at least 5 minutes. This step is important because the flour will absorb the moisture from the zucchini and create a batter.
- Warm a large non-stick skillet over low to medium heat. Grease with olive oil then scoop out two amounts of the mixture at a time into the skillet.
- Cook for about 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Repeat until you are out of batter.
- Meanwhile, roast the pistachio nuts. Mix the mint with the Coco Start in a bowl and get ready to bring all the elements together on a plate. Enjoy!