Serves 6 | prep time 55 minutes
For the paste
- 1 tbsp curry powde
- ½ tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 shallots, roughly chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 20 g fresh ginger, peeled
- 3 yellow or red Thai chilli peppers
- 3 stalks of lemongrass, outer leaves removed and core roughly chopped
- half a bunch of fresh coriander, roots and stalks washed and chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt
For the curry sauce
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 4 sweet potatoes, cubes (550 g)
- 600 ml Abbot Kinney’s Coco Start
- 250 ml water
- 6 Thai eggplants, in parts
- 550 g basmati rice
- 1½ zucchini, thinly sliced
- 400 g Bumi tempeh, Asian flavoured
- handful fresh coriander
- 1½ lime, in parts
- For the yellow curry paste, put all the ingredients into a food processor with 5 tablespoons of water and blend into a smooth paste.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan over low-medium heat. Add the curry paste and fry gently for 2 minutes, stirring now and then, until it starts to smell aromatic and the oil starts to separate from the paste.
- Add the Coco Start, 250 ml water, sweet potatoes, eggplant and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Bring water to a boil and follow instructions on package to cook the rice.
- Stir in the zucchini to the Thai curry and simmer for another 7 minutes.
- Put a frying pan on the stove, melt some coconut oil and fry the tempeh for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve the Thai curry with the tempeh, rice and dress with coriander and a part of lime.