Serves 4 | prep time 20 min | cook time 30 min
- 100 g raw cashew nuts, soaked
- 4 red sweet bell peppers, cut into big chunks
- 20 cherry tomatoes on a branch
- olive oil, for baking
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 branches of fresh rosemary
- 7 branches of fresh thyme
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cans of cherry tomato (2 X 500 g)
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 4 tbsp Abbot Kinney’s Coco Start
- 1-2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 12 lasagne pasta 8-10 min, oil
- handful pine nuts, roasted
- handful fresh basil leaves
- Soak the cashews overnight in cool water (preferably) or in very hot water for 1 hour*
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees ˚C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the peppers and the tomatoes on the baking sheet, drizzle some olive oil on top and slide into the oven for 25 minutes.
- Put a frying pan and a grill pan on the stove on low to medium heat, to preheat. Also put a pan with water on the stove and bring to a boil (for the lasagne pasta).
- Add some olive oil to the preheated frying pan and fry the onion for around 4 minutes.
- In the meantime grease the grill pan with olive oil and grill the zucchini, for around 4 minutes each side.
- Then add the leaves of both the thyme and rosemary and also add the garlic to the frying pan. Fry for another 3 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Add the canned tomatoes to the frying pan and lower heat. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Put the lasagne pasta into the pan with boiling water, with a teaspoon of olive oil to keep the lasagne from sticking together. Cook for around 8 min, or until al dente.
- Put the cashew nuts into a food processor, add the Coco Start, the nutritional yeast and blend.
- When all the elements are ready, start layering on each plate with the tomato sauce, lasagna, a layer of zucchini and roasted bell pepper, lasagna, a layer of tomato sauce, another lasagna layer and last but not least: a layer of cashew-Coco Start topping.
- Dress with roasted cherry tomatoes, pine nuts and fresh basil.