Serves 6-8 | prep time 15 minutes | oven time 30 minutes | total time 40 minutes
- 1 kg carrots, peeled and cut in halve
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in halve
- Olive oil (for baking)
- 1,5 L vegetable broth, 2-3 cubes
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- Raw peanuts, crushed and roasted
- 400 ml Abbot Kinney’s Coco Start
- Handful fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the carrots and potatoes on the prepped baking sheet, rub in them in with some olive oil and slide into the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, first put water on the stove for the vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Put a big soup pot on the stove and fry the onion in some olive oil for around 5 minutes.
- Add the red pepper and the garlic and fry for another 3 minutes.
- Add the roasted veggies from the oven as well as the vegetable broth and the peanut butter. Stir well and let it boil for around 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, roast the crushed peanuts in a dry frying pan.
- Blend the soup with a food processor or hand blender.
- Serve on a deep plate or in a bowl and dress with a big spoon of Coco Start, parsley leaves and some peanuts. Season with pepper & salt.