Serves 1 | prep time 10 min | fry time 16 min | total time 30 min
- 4 tbsp tahin
- 6 tbsp Abbot Kinney’s Coco Start
- ½ lemon, juice
- 2 slices eggplant, slices of 0.8 cm
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt & black pepper
- 1 slice of bread
- Pomegranate, to taste
- Put a grill pan on the stove on medium heat, to preheat.
- Mix together in a bowl, with a spoon: the tahin, Coco Start, lemon juice and a pinch of salt (this is the amount of spread for around 6 slices of bread).
- Rub in the slices of eggplant with olive oil and put them on the preheated grill pan and lower heat a bit.
- Grill both sides for around 8 minutes, or until tender.
- In the meantime, toast the bread.
- Bring all the elements together on a plate for the perfect breakfast or lunch toast.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Keep an eye on our feed for more variations!