Prep time 5 min | cook time 40 min | around 10 brownies
- 350 g sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- flax egg (100 ml boiled water + 4 tbsp flax seeds)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 7 dates, deseeded
- 65 g raw cacao
- 2 tbsp dark coconut syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 70 g almond flour
- 30 g spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100 g dark chocolate, melted
- 4 scoops Abbot Kinney’s Coco Frost vanilla (400 ml)
- Boil the sweet potatoes for around 15 minutes, until it softens and strain off.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees °C and line a medium to large baking tin or oven dish with parchment paper.
- Mix together the flax-egg and the coconut oil in a bowl.
- Put all the prepped ingredients into a food processor and add the dates, cacao powder, syrup, vanilla extract, almond flour, spelt flour, baking powder and salt.
- Blend into a smooth batter. Add evenly to the prepared baking sheet and slide into the oven for around 25 minutes.
- When taken out of the oven, let it cool down and move into the fridge for at least 2 hours. Unless you like to eat the brownie while still warm of course.
- Melt the chocolate ‘au bain-marie’.
- Cut into nice, bigger brownie cubes so a generous scoop of Coco Frost vanilla fits on top!
- Garnish with the dark, melted chocolate.