Serves 4, to share as a snack | prep time 12 min | oven time 30 min | total time 42 min
- 2 eggplants, cut in halve
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice
- ½ lime, juice
- 6 tbsp tahin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2-3 tbsp Abbot Kinney’s Coco Start
- Handful of fresh parsley
- Pinch of chili flakes
- 1 Turkish bread
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rub in the slices of eggplant with olive oil, put them on the prepped baking sheet and slide into the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Put the lemon & lime juice, tahin, cayenne pepper, 2 tbsp of olive oil, cumin powder, garlic and a pinch of salt into a food processor. As soon as the eggplant is ready, add as well and blend into a smooth substance.
- Let it cool down, you might want to put it in the fridge for a while.
- Bring everything together on a plate and dress the baba ganoush with our luscious Coco Start, a drizzle of olive oil, fresh parsley leaves and a pinch of chilli flakes if you like extra spicy.