Serves 4-6 | prep time 15 min | cook time 30 min | total time 40 min
- 300 ml vegetable stock, 1 cube
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ red pepper, chopped (or more to taste)
- 500 g tasty tom tomatoes
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- ½ cucumber, roughly chopped
- 400 g watermelon, chunks
- Coco Start, to taste
- Fresh dill
- Fresh basil & baby basil
- Bring 300 ml of water to a boil for the vegetable stock.
- Put a pot on the stove on medium heat and sauté the red onion in the olive oil. After about 3 minutes add the garlic and red pepper while stirring frequently for another 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes to the pot. Then after 5 minutes of stirring occasionally add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil.
- Let it boil for 10 minutes on low heat with the lid on.
- Pour into a food processor (or use a hand blender) and blend until silky and smooth.
- Let it cool down for an hour, and put it into the fridge for another two.
- Blend the watermelon, both the cucumber into a juice, bring together with the tomato soup and mix well.
- As desired, add a little extra water to the soup until the right thickness is achieved.
- Prep and put all of the ingredients for the topping on the table and serve the soup in a deep plate or a bowl with, of course, a big spoon of Coco Start!
- Garnish and season with basil, fresh dill and eatable flowers.